OTV is a computer and electronic reseller that is constantly evolving and growing in a fast paced industry. We are Headquartered in Saskatoon with a second location in Regina. OTV is the premier store for computers, parts and services and proud to be a part of Saskatchewan since 2000.
OTV has an immediate opportunity for an Accounting Manager to work in their Saskatoon office. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the accounting department, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and other regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain an adequate system of internal controls
- Issue timely and complete monthly and annual financial statements
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Prepare and analyze month end reports and provide recommendations
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Ensure compliance with all provincial and federal tax and payroll regulatory filing requirements.
- Accounting designation (or near completion of) required (i.e. CPA) with 2 to 5 years of experience
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Experience with preparation of payroll
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills
OTV offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package as well as the opportunity to be part of our young and innovative Company. If you are interested, please provide your resume with references and salary expectations by June 26, 2015 to the following:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your interest in our Company. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.